How to Make Changes to or Renew Your PSO Registration or Get a Replacement PSO Card
- Do you need to update your address on your CA PSO registration?
- Do you need to renew your proprietary private security officer registration?
- Do you need a replacement for a lost or damaged PSO Card?
You need to update your PSO Registration address information within 30 days of changing your address.
The PSO Registration address update form is available on the BSIS Website. A copy of the form with instructions is shown below.
You need to renew your proprietary private security officer registration in California every 2 years.
You should download, complete and submit the application along with the renewal fee between 3 and 6 months before your current registration expires. The expiration date of your license can be found on your PSO Registration Card.
PSO Renewal Fees
- The renewal fee is $35, if your PSO license has not expired.
- The PSO renewal fee is $60, if your PSO license has not been expired for more than 60 days.
- You CANNOT renew your PSO registration if your PSO license has been expired for more than 60 days. If your registration has expired more than 60 days, you must start the PSO registration process over, including getting fingerprinted and background checked again.
The PSO Registration Renewal form is available on the BSIS Website. A copy of the form with instructions is shown below.
If you lose or damage your PSO Registration Card, you can get a replacement PSO Card from the BSIS for $10. Because you need to carry your PSO card while on duty, you should get a replacement card immediately. The PSO Registration Card replacement form is available on the BSIS Website. A copy of the form with instructions is shown below. Send in $10 as a check or money order, not as cash.
What should You Read Next?
- If you want to read the general steps to registering as a PSO, read How to Become a PSO.
- If you want to find out how to get fingerprinted at a Live Scan location or how to fill out the Live Scan form, read How to Get Fingerprinted / Live Scan.
- If you want to find out how to fill out the BSIS PSO Registration form, read How to Complete and File BSIS Forms.
- If you want to verify that your security officer registration is up to date, read How to Verify You’re Registered as a PSO.
- If you want to know more about the California PSO training requirements, read PSO Training.